Aims and Objectives
The aims of the Wells Rugby Football Club (Wells RFC) Safeguarding Policy are:
- To provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all players, officials, staff, parents, spectators and visitors;
- To provide a safe and secure environment for all children and young people;
- To provide training in safeguarding procedures as laid down by the English Rugby Football Union (RFU) guidelines, so as to ensure that adults involved in the game have the necessary knowledge and disciplines to meet the needs of the children and young people who participate in the game of rugby;
- To develop and demonstrate the best practice within the area of safeguarding;
- To promote the highest ethics and standards throughout the club.
Wells RFC acknowledges its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children involved in rugby at Wells RFC from harm.
Wells RFC confirms that it adheres to the Rugby Football Union’s Safeguarding Policy and the procedures, practices and guidelines therein and endorses and adopts the Policy Statement contained in that document and any successor policy.
The Club's full policy document can be downloaded here.
Safeguarding Officers: Tom Payne & April Bennett
For all concerns or issues, please contact the club's Safeguarding Officer. See here for contact details.
Touring with Children
The RFU has issued a useful document that should be read by all Tour Leaders and Management of all outgoing Junior Tours. Click here.